Monday 14 April 2014

I Wish I did Sports as a Kid

Hmm, probably one of my greatest regrets of both elementary and High School is not getting involved in sports more.

I've only gotten involved in them within the past year or so, and they have been rather light, such as competitive XC running (I've always been a runner but never ran competitions before). There's so many sports and things I wanted to try as a kid, such as Track and field, Soccer, Hockey, Swimming Biathlon, Skating, Competitive XC Skiing, etc... The list goes on. While I am active in my daily life, and enjoy many sporting and recreational activities, I think that I would have benefited nth physically and mentally from being involved in sports as a kid. I just wish I actually put my foot in the door, and gave it a shot.

Luckily, we humans can learn from our mistakes and continue into the future with a little lesson or two. I'm trying new things all the time now, and can't wait to sign up for some sports with my college next September!!!! (Plus a fun and active summer ahead, going to run a few marathons!).


No comments:

Post a Comment