Wednesday 22 January 2014

A Watermark that is a little "too" good.

While still constructing my portfolio site henrybailliebrown.com, I recently redesigned my watermark that I put onto my photos that I post on my site. Before I changed the watermark, it was a nice red "Henry Baillie-Brown" with some red paint dabs in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Seeing a few other photos with the "new 'x' design", I decided to change it due to the rise in copyright issues on the internet. I feel a lot more safer with the new watermark, yet I feel like it is affecting the actual photo now. My father says that it does not look professional anymore, and can tell that I am paranoid, but it gives me security knowing that no matter what, people cannot simply crop out my name anymore.

How the new watermark works. As seen in one of my photos.
I feel as though I am at a crossroads, especially since I want to extend my portfolio into other places such as Flicker and DeviantArt. I am starting to lean to go back to the old one so viewers can enjoy the photos more. Only a little more thought will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment