Monday 13 January 2014

Canadian Olympic Skating Team is Ready for the Olympics!

This year marks the 2014 Sochi Olympics in Russia, and many of my friends, family and I are excited for the Canadian Skating Team!

I am very fortunate to have many, many friends involved with Mariposa, the Canadian skating community. With the Canadian Olympic Team being announced just yesterday, the pair skating duo Alexandra Paul and Mitchell Islam made the team! (From Mariposa and know them). The Canadian Skating team is very young this year, yet marks remarkable opportunity with such amazing youth competing. The torch has indeed, been passed down to the next generation of Canadian Athletes. 


They have all worked so incredibly hard, and it is AMAZING to see athletes that I know from my hometown being involved. My many skating friends, as well as my friends and family are so amazed and happy for all of the athletes who made the cut for the Olympic team. I feel so very fortunate to be connected to the Olympics through friends.

Alex and Mitch recently became Bronze medalists within all of Canada!
The image above is from their Tumblr account located here.

Best of luck, everyone! Bonne Chance, and GO FOR GOLD! GO CANADA GO! :^D

No comments:

Post a Comment