Thursday 23 January 2014

Getting on a New Aircraft (DA-40)

Hopefully tomorrow (If the weather holds up!) I will be flying the DA-40 for the first time. I have so far been rated in a few gliders, Learned to fly in a DA-20 and have flown a C-172 for a year now. I am very excited for this new experience, and cannot wait for the stories I will have to share.

I have been studying the aircraft for a while now: checklists, the 'red' pages, airspeeds, systems, etc... I feel a little odd about being able to "feather" the propeller, but I feel I will manage just fine with a little practice. Best of all, the aircraft that I will be flying out of Collingwood has a G1000 glass cockpit - even newer than the G500 glass cockpit and normal steam gages that I am used to. I cannot wait to get flying! Here's hoping that the weather holds up for us!

1 comment:

  1. What a great experience. The glass cockpit gives great visual effects and adds to the thrill. You are becoming a good writer. You must have received the gift from Mom. I enjoy your comments also.All the best Papa Henry

    ReplyDelete