Tuesday 11 June 2013

Cadets - My Journey

This past week, I saw my old cadet squadron's annual parade, and then my friends sea cadet annual.   Looking back, I feel so amazed with what I accomplished with joining Air Cadets. I am happy and grateful for all seven and a half years, all of the good times with the memories they brought, and the bad times that helped me grow as a person.

It was a hard decision to leave cadets, especially early (long story) but it was something that I had to do. All the friends made, adventures that were had and goals achieved, it was a remarkable journey that I wish everyone I know could experience, especially the sense of comradery.

There are a few things I wish I could do over, but at the same time, I am proud of the path I made, and skills I've learned. With their motto of "To learn, To serve and to Advance" I think that I really did get all three pieces of the pie!

Probably the largest achievement that I had while in the program was achieving my goal of my PPL (Private Pilots License) but probably the most important thing I did was earn the respect of not only my entire squadron, but all of the people I had met throughout the entire cadet experience.

Where I will be heading next is still unclear, but the roads I have already traveled have revealed a path leading to great people, adventures and dreams that I could only hope to imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment