Thursday 17 October 2013

Being Nice to People on the Internet is Possible

Facebook, Twitter, Google and other social networking sites are all places where we store our "internet identities" yet when we head into the world of online video games, forums and MMO's (massive multiplayer online games) we tend to see the darker side of people and "Trolls". This has become a stereotype of these areas, and has become a sad part of society.

Me, being myself, take these stereotypes and throw them out. I am personally a "good samaritan" when it comes to online gaming and forms. When I use my mature, polite voice, I actually sunrise people. Getting replies such as "OMG, YOUR ACTUALLY NICE" to "WOW, there are actually nice people on here" to even" Kudos to this guy for being awesome". It is sad when people are so surprised by one being mature on the interned, but this just shows how far things have come. We have separated reality and our cyber experience.

My advice is be yourself, but in a mature manner. Help bring the positive side to the internet back, and just, well, be NICE! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment