Wednesday 16 October 2013

The Government Returns (Today)

Today marks the first day back for the Canadian government after Prime minister Steven Harper prolonged parliament. As a youth in College, and eventually University and beyond, I am interested in the progress that parliament can achieve. I believe it is important for us all to vote our government in, and believe it is even more important for my generation to vote. While fostering a good habit, voting will also make sure that the government supports our ideas and beliefs, something many are forgetting and becoming ignorant with (Which the government hopes for) We can make change in the government, but we have to get off our butts and at least say what we want.

Personally, I am not a fan of Steven Harper nor his Conservative party, and I am more of a left/ centre Liberal voter. I am very excited for Justin Truduea, for I have met him, and agree with much of what he has said, but once again, this is just me, and my own personal experience and opinions. It is up to you to make your own choice.

When parlement returns today, I hope for less fighting, crimes, etc.. And more positive change...

No comments:

Post a Comment