Thursday 9 May 2013

Kids have too much protection today.

It really is one of those "delicate" topics to mention, yet as a 1990's baby, I can definitely vouch for that statement.  In elementary schools today, Kids are no longer allowed to hug, play tag, dodge ball, show certain feelings, etc.. And this in in Canada. If is very sad how children are being put into a bubble and are no longer allowed to have certain adventures that I had with my friends when I was a kid. Even with television programming, the home environment and just society overall. It seems that people believe that putting their children into a "safer, more protective" environment will benefit then, yet I think that this is the entire opposite.

The entire idea of being a "kid" has also changed. kids today have smart phones, facebook, online games, etc... Things we NEVER had when me and my generation were in their shoes! I am only 18, but now I am starting to know the feeling my parents felt with the generation gap in technology.

We just have to remember to let kids be, well, kids! Let them get dirty in the mud, or go for adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment