Sunday 19 May 2013

Why the Wii U is a Darn Flop


Ah, Nintendo. When I was a kid, I loved it. Today, I could care less. When I was young, Nintendo made amazing content. While the N64 was my first console, the GameCube was the gaming station for most of my childhood. While playing Star fox, Star Wars and many other games, I was instantly drawn into immersible stories and worlds. I also have vivid memories of playing games at parties or sleepovers with the guys as we played four player games such as Star Wars: Clone Wars. Eventually, the Wii came along and promised more "interesting experiences." This is when Nintendo lost me to Sony and my PC as a gamer. As they continued with the Wii, they lost my loving franchises such as Star Fox, Star Wars and other timeless classics. The Same is for the Wii U, but only more obvious.

Out of all the gamers I know, NONE of them own, or even talk about the Wii U. My generation doesn't really feel for it due to it continuing to lack those "core" features. Firstly, where are the games? While the Nintendo conference is VERY soon, the console launched with only a few titles, and the crew at Nintendo pulled an EA and went "silent mode" on talking about future titles. This killed sales of the Wii U due to no real value of owning one. Sure, it comes with a tablet, but my iPad can easily out perform it, and its a year older than the Wii U. In the end, Nintendo seems to be less focused in the Western market.

Nintendo, my question is WHY. Why should anyone buy your console? What makes it stand out above the new PS4 and Xbox 720? WHY should I spend money on it as a core gamer? Personally, I am going to stick with the PS4 and my upgraded PC. Hell, even my GameCube from 2002!

No comments:

Post a Comment