Thursday 30 May 2013

Switching over to Linux (laptop anyways) Good bye windows!

I have finally decided to make the jump and get rid of Windows 7 on my old laptop. While still "trialing" different versions of Linux, I am already confident that Linux is a "million" times better than its windows counterpart.

I am trying Ubuntu, a Linux platform that is one of the most popular in the world. Running faster, with smarter coding and a smoother workflow, Ubuntu is a remarkable step up from a windows 7 system. While I love Linux, I am actually installing it beside windows due to the sole fact that programs such as Adobe or Office will not work with Linux, so I can choose which operating system I boot with when I turn on my computer.

I am excited to see it fully installed, and along with the many exciting features that come along with it, such as no viruses, and more customization.

No comments:

Post a Comment