Thursday 4 April 2013

Running


Photo credit to Cameron McDonald
Running is personally one of my favorite hobbies/sports (yes, I believe it is a sport, especially cross country running) It truly is a magical feeling when you introduce running into your daily routine, and it incredibly rewarding when you reach personal milestones in distance, times and other self-created goals.

It really is one of the best metaphors for "practice makes perfect." Starting off with one kilometre when I was twelve, I can now run above twenty kilometres in a fairly decent time at an age of seventeen. It really is amazing what a little bit of hard work can do.

Running can be a true joy in life, and can help you get stress off of your chest, while giving you some "me time" and a rush of endorphins to give you that "feel happy" feeling. Running helps with physical health, as well as mental and spiritual health. Especially when you reach one of your goals.

While also being an amazing way to meet new people, it really is a fantastic way to vent, and an easy way to have some fun too. I love to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment