Monday 22 April 2013

Slam Poetry: Ode to Socks

Here's a random / funny slam poem I made and preformed for my writers craft class:


Socks. People wear them!

For too many times, you are taken for granted, my dear sock. Oh! How thou makuth my feet comfy, luxurious and warm, yet I simple throw you into the laundry room at the end of the day, not a single word said. Your fluffiness is beyond measure as you care for me, and love me without issue. Even as I throw in the dreaded dryer tissue.

You cover my feet as you cover my heart with your soft, innocent skin, and today, I thank you for thou friendship.

For all the times I have abused thee, you have never abandoned. Just like a pirate and his loyal bird, or a knight and his trusty steed, you have always followed me on adventures throughout my life. Through the hot, cold, wet and dry, whatever, you have always stayed, and filled your home on my feet.
You are low, yet so high as I walk forward in life, with your assistance. While the going can go rough, and the shoes may stink, I wish to let you know, my heart stinks even more, of realizing how much I took thee for granted. For the many wash cycles of life, day after day, the fluffiness of life may depart, yet you continue through hell to hug me. I put all of my weight of my life on you, but you always get through even when I do not. A you fill the empty spaces between my shoe and my foot, my empty parts of my heart are filled.
And your brothers, and sisters, throughout the world. Different sizes, colours, styles and shapes. Let them know this message of gratitude. 

Thank you, my dear sock, thank you. And I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment