Thursday 11 April 2013

Writers Block

Auug, the 'wonderful' thing. Doesn't matter if it takes the form of no motivation, distractions, procrastination, or even just a blank mind, writers block seriously drives me mad.

Everyone seems to have their own way of tackling it. Some run, some play games, some hangout with friends, and some do many other things, but I have no clue how to get rid of it. Personally, I just wait for it to go away. One of the things I do is just start writing. You may not know what you are writing about, but JUST START. Once you've started, your brain seems to wake up, and ideas finally come to your head. Well, for me anyways. Luckily  my mother is a writer and showed me this trick. It works (some of the time) but a lot of the time, I am stuck waiting at my computer or notepad; yearning to write, yet lack the words. Sometimes, I also go out for a run just to get the mind pumping and clear. Anyone have any other ideas in getting rid of writers block?

No comments:

Post a Comment